Meghan Markle will reportedly attend Met Gala after Megxit
She’s going from Megxit to the Met.
Meghan Markle has chosen the Big Apple for the attention-grabbing debut of her royal-free life — by attending this year’s Met Gala, according to a report Sunday.
Markle, 38, has been invited by British Vogue editor-in-chief Edward Enninful to rub shoulders with the big names who flock to the annual fashion bash, according to The Sun.
The Duchess of Sussex has accepted — and is planning to leave hubby Prince Harry at home for what The Sun says will be the “first Hollywood appearance” of her post-Megxit life, which officially starts on April 1.
Markle — who famously guest-edited Enninful’s mag last year — is said to be planning a “glamorous androgynous” look for the May 4 themed event based on Virginia Woolfe’s “Orlando,” The Sun said.
“The Met Gala is for the Who’s Who of show business. Naturally, Meghan was one of the first names on the guest list, and Edward’s team are excited that the two will go together,” a source told the paper.
“Meghan is keen to step out occasionally without Harry so that she can establish herself once more in Hollywood.”
The report comes as Markle is also said to be trying to line up roles in a blockbuster superhero flick.
Buckingham Palace did not respond to requests for comment, the Daily Mail said.
Source: Read Full Article