I’m frustrated and considering sex-change surgery to give me a fresh start as a woman – The Sun

DEAR DEIDRE: I WOULD be so much more confident as someone else, in a new body.

I am considering sex-change surgery.

I am a man of 39 but still undecided about my sexuality.

Being dyslexic made learning hard as a child.

My bullying mother wouldn’t let me do anything I wanted to do.

The absence of any encouragement left me frustrated and confused.

I feel excluded from life.

A fresh start, as a woman, is the only option.

Get in touch with Deidre today

Got a problem?

Send an email to [email protected]

Every problem gets a personal reply, usually within 24 hours weekdays.

You can also send a private message on the DearDeidreOfficial Facebook page.

Follow me on Twitter @deardeidre.

DEIDRE SAYS: You really do deserve happiness – but would changing your gender really be the answer?

Your unhappiness sounds mainly to have come from your mother’s cruel treatment of you as a child, not feeling trapped in the wrong body, genderwise.

Your sexuality is a different issue again.

Please at least start your quest for happiness with some in-depth counselling.

See bacp.co.uk to find a trained therapist near you.

Source: Read Full Article