Napoli ultras BRAWL with police after 2-2 draw with Leicester

Napoli ultras BRAWL with police inside King Power stadium after 2-2 draw with Leicester… with missiles thrown as Europa League tie descends into violent clashes at final whistle

  • Napoli fans have violently clashed with police inside Leicester’s stadium 
  • The match ended with tensions raised as Napoli rescued a late 2-2 draw
  • Ultras tried to jump the police barrier and attacked using makeshift weapons 
  • Tensions were rife before kick off, with scuffles occurring in the city  

Napoli ultras clashed violently with police inside Leicester’s stadium after the teams played out a thrilling 2-2 draw in their Europa League match. 

The Foxes were leading the game by two goals when Napoli stormed back to claim a point in the final minutes thanks to a brace from striker Victor Osimhen. 

Tempers flared on the pitch in a fractious ending that saw Wilfred Ndidi sent off for Brendan Rodgers’ side. 

Napoli ultras broke out into violent clashes with police after the club’s 2-2 draw with Leicester

Police initially formed a cordon to separate the Napoli fans from the Leicester supporters

A large number of Napoli supporters gesture to the police cordon after the European game

The game ended amid a febrile atmosphere after Napoli got themselves a draw at the death

Tensions had been rising between the two sets of fans and dramatically boiled over after the final whistle. Police were stood in a line by a barrier between the visiting Napoli fans and the Leicester supporters at the King Power stadium. 

Dozens of fans then attempted to jump over the barrier and ended up brawling with officers attempting to keep the peace. 

Images show supporters from both sides throwing plastic bottles and other missiles, with some violent attackers using their belts as weapons. 

Leicester put out a call on the stadium tannoy system asking all home fans to leave the arena while police attempted to contain the visiting fans. 

Footage has also emerged of the Napoli ultras involved in scuffles before the game outside Leicester’s De Montfort University, again several using makeshift weapons. 

Some hooligans can clearly be seen wielding their belts as weapons as the melee continued

A fractious game saw Leicester give away a 2-0 lead and midfielder Wilfred Ndidi sent off

Share this article

Source: Read Full Article